2007-09-09

Girl Trip


Ahhh, time with friends. . .girlfriends. Besides talking on the phone, I guess I would say I don't get a whole lot of time with just girls. I am not complaining that there are 4 boys in our house (for the most part, I love it [minus some of the bodily functions!]), but it is nice to have some girl time.

Today I got back from a long weekend trip to Orlando with the girls from our small group at church. We enjoyed a day of outlet mall shopping, a few mornings of sitting at the pool and some concerts. We headed to the Magic Kingdom on Friday afternoon to the Night of Joy to hear some great artists: David Crowder Band, Chris Tomlin & Third Day. Saturday we saw Jeremy Camp over at Universal Studios.

The trip reminded me how it is to travel without kids: simple & easy. How wonderful it was to be in no hurry, relax and to talk, talk & talk. As much as I enjoyed being away, there is nothing better than coming home to a house full of hugs.

2 comments:

The gFamily said...

Okay, promise me you will change out that picture as soon as Carrie gets you a new one! ;) I look half asleep!

Amy said...

How fun for you! What a great idea! Glad you had a good time.