2007-07-23

Berries for Breakfast

Last night Cole decided there were "monster shadows" in his room. He got up numerous times between 4:15 and 5:45. After he finally stayed in bed, I hit the pillow hard! Luke came in my room at 7 am and said, "Mom, I can't find my brothers anywhere in the house!" I got up and looked everywhere: the house, the yard, garage, basement, etc. We then realized that their shoes were gone and the patio door had been unlocked. I grabbed my phone and Luke and got in the van.

I started driving through the neighborhood in a panic, called Terry, no answer. Called my dad, and he was on his way over to help look for the boys. Called another neighbor and she jumped in her car to look for the boys. Next I was going to call the police, but I decided I needed to drive back to the park area and look through the trails. As we pulled in the parking lot, Luke spotted the boys coming out of the woods. They saw the van and came running. . .as happy as can be! At that point you think to yourself, "What do i do?" There is a huge sense of relief, but also the thought of how to discipline them. I asked them what they were doing, and they (in other words GRANT--he is the planner!) said they were going to get berries for breakfast.
When we got home I told them both to sit on the couch, we were going to have a talk. On the way to the couch I heard this converstation:
GRANT: "I had a great plan!"
COLE: "It was my plan!"
GRANT: "No, Cole, it was MY plan!"
MOMMY: "Boys, I think that it was a terrible plan."
COLE: "It wasn't my plan!"

5 comments:

Organized Chaos said...

I can't imagine how freaked out you must have felt!

That is a story you will be telling them when they have their own kids!

Traci said...

Oh my gosh!
See, this is why you blog...that's a story worth sharing!

Striegle's Dynamic Duo said...

How scary! The couch conversation sounded so familiar though. I am glad things turned out alright.

molly said...

I couldn't hardly read all the way through this because of the tears from laughter!!!! WOW!!!

The gFamily said...

Now I just wonder how Grant will top this one!! I can't wait to hear about it!! ;) Oh, and we need to tell Cole that he will be much better off when he learns to say, "Yes, it was all Grant's idea!"