2008-07-16

chigger mania!

So, remember our awesome outdoor day in Iowa??? It has now turned into chigger mania in our house. These red bumps started showing up on the boys on Sunday and have gotten progressively worse. Today Grant woke up with a 101 fever and no other symptoms. My mom called and said it was an allergic reaction to chigger bites and sent me a link to read. No where in the link did it say that you have to kill the chiggers!! Thank goodness our neighbors who told us that info. around 8 tonight. Terry ran to CVS and they did not have any Chigger Rid, so the pharmacist said to use clear nail polish. Half a bottle later everyone had their bites covered. All the boys and Terry have them in many undesirable places!!! Poor things! I guess I am the lucky one--no bites. . .or am I the unlucky one?--I had to apply the nail polish in all of the undesirable places!

1 comments:

Organized Chaos said...

I thought I had chigger bites last week after a day of lawn work...itched like crazy. Someone told me about clear nail polish, too. Brad grew up getting them all the time and they always used nail polish with quick results.

Good luck, hope the boys are feeling better soon!