2010-01-10

argh!! those DARN clippers!

so. . . i cut the boys hair--always have--probably will until they are old enough to tell me that i "don't do it right!." i have been doing this since terry and i got married and he begged me to cut his hair so he didn't have to go somewhere to get it done. i had no experience, but after 11 years and what seems like hundreds of haircuts i feel pretty confident in my male hair cutting skills.
confident, that is, until this year!
we have a set of clippers with an adjustable guard, which is great because then i don't have 10 guards to look through. this summer, i took the guard off, cleaned out the hair, put it back on and started to cut some more. before i knew it--terry had a bald stripe up the back of his head. ALL the way up the back of his head--oh my. . . .so off went the rest of the hair to make it look like it wasn't an accident.
today--i had a repeat incident {what is going on with me??!!}--this time on cole and i caught it somewhat early!! oh, do i feel awful--a bald spot on the side of my 5-year old's head. terry said to cut it all to match--i could not bring myself to do that!! not so bad from the front view:
but the side tells all!! poor kid. . . and he didn't even get upset with mommy! now, how sweet is that? after his haircut he look in the mirror like it was no big deal. his only comment was that i did to him just what i did to daddy! thankfully, in about 2 weeks, he'll be back to "normal!"

1 comments:

Organized Chaos said...

I cut Brad's hair when we were first married. He never minded the idea of a buzz cut so he wasn't worried if I messed it up (but I hate the look on him so I was always worried I would slip). Eventually, for the sake of our marriage I told him to budget in haircuts cuz I quite. I guess its a good thing I have all girls!

You do a great job though and 2 slips over the years isn't such a bad statistic.