2008-02-07

Taxes

Grant and I were making some Valentine candy this afternoon and here is how our conversation went:

Mom: Grant, mommy really appreciates it when you help me in the kitchen.

Grant: I like to cook.

Mom: You do? Do you think you would like to do that when you grow up?

Grant: Maybe.

Mom: You don't have to. . . you can be a football player if you really want.

Grant: Yeah, I think I will be a football player without taxes.

Mom: Without taxes? What do you mean?

Grant: I'm not giving all my money to the president. He wants to take all of our money so he can get rich. I'm going to be one of the players that doesn't pay taxes. I don't like our president, I like the presidents like Abraham Lincoln and George Washington. They won't make you pay taxes!

2 comments:

Traci said...

too funny

The gFamily said...

Hilarious! The president better keep an eye on Grant! If he is a professional football player he is going to owe A LOT of taxes! They will be looking for him for sure!