2008-01-08

sinus surgery

Last week I had sinus surgery. The Dr. said I would have to mouth breathe for a few days. No big deal--just like when you have a cold, right? Not exactly. I am not a claustrophobic person, but in the middle of the night, when I was exhausted and couldn't catch a good deep breath of air, I felt trapped. I slept in a chair for many nights, but not last night. I was in our bed for the first time. WOW! how amazing to get a full night's sleep. And, now I can breathe through my nose again--such a good feeling and it's amazing to feel the air pass through your head. I never know this is how it was supposed to be!!
Our family has been blessed to have many wonderful meals brought to us while I recover--thanks to all of you who have helped and for the many phone calls to check in on me.

2 comments:

The gFamily said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better! Breathing well isn't something we should take for granted, huh!

Amy said...

Glad you are doing well! Thanks for the update!