2007-08-03

Grant's ER visit

I just said to a friend the other day, "Three boys and we have never been to the Emergency Room!" I guess I spoke too soon! I was putting the boys in their rooms for rest time today and the next thing I know Grant is hysterically crying, runs into the upstairs hallway and Luke screams mom there is blood everywhere! I quickly took Grant into the bathroom and saw that under his chin his skin was deeply cut.

We are still not sure exactly what he was doing, but know that he cut it on the window ledge in his room. Terry meet me at the ER. Grant was a trooper--no crying once we left the house. He ended up with 7 stiches, we left the hospital and thought things were great.

Grant choose to eat McDonald's for dinner and while eating his hamburger, he said he had something stuck in his teeth. When we looked, we saw that he cracked a tooth and there is a chunk of tooth that needs to be removed or glued?? I guess we will be off to the dentist next!

3 comments:

Traci said...

oh my!

The gFamily said...

Well, we knew it would be Grant to make it to the ER first! At least he made it 5 years before going! Impressive!!!

Organized Chaos said...

I uttered those same words the week Mckenna ended up in the ER! I guess the lesson is to never verbalize the thought!